About the Patient Participation Group
The group works towards enhancing communications between the practice and its patients in a positive way.
The main objectives of the group are:
- To enhance communications between the patients and staff of the Warley Medical Centre (hereinafter called the practice)
- To act as a signpost for practices system of suggestions and complaints
- To promote health education awareness on topics of interest and value to the patient, and cooperate with any said medical practices where appropriate
- To encourage the formation of a wider support group
- To raise funds to enable the group to be self sufficient
- To promote, after discussion with the partners and any other matter deemed to be of interest to patients and practice
- Membership of the group will open to any person over 16 years of age who are members of the practice
- Membership will not confer any rights to claim preferential treatment
- Membership of the group will cease in the event of the member ceasing to be a patient of the practice
- To join the PPG, please complete a form at Reception
For the purpose of carrying out the above objectives, and not otherwise, the group shall have power to do what ever is necessary to achieve its objectives.
The Warley Medical Centre Code
Due to comments made relating to reception staff and customer service skills, a meeting was held with a Public Relations company, which resulted in the Warley Medical Centre Code.
Why are we here?
- To put patients first
- To care about your health
- To do our best, to provide excellent care from the cradle to the grave, helping you be born safely, live well and die peacefully
- To continually strive to improve our services to you
Our key values
B = Balance
We seek to balance doing things by the rule book, (e.g. following protocols) whilst remembering you are our primary focus as an individual.
R = Respectful
At all times, no matter how hard we are provoked otherwise, and regardless of disability, culture, gender or language barrier we will be open, honest and respectful.
A = Approachability
We aim to be professional but also easy to talk to/approach.
C = Compassionate
We will be sympathetic and understanding by pausing, listening and caring.
E = Excellence
We will continually strive to improve our services to you.
A group meeting is held every two months to discuss surgery services and issues and we often invite guest speakers to discuss and promote community services. All patients are welcome to attend, though it must be noted that PPG meetings are not to bring forward formal complaints.
All PPG meetings are currently postponed. Members will be notified when meetings can safely resume